Departments: General and Laparoscopic Surgery
Title: Professor Department of Surgery and Professor
Surgical Residency: Mt. Sinai Hospital, NY. Arthur Aufses Sr Award as Outstanding Chief Resident
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Sports Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic and Open Abdominal Wall Reconstruction for Incisional Hernia and Diastasis Rectus
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (including stones in the bile duct)
- Laparoscopic Colectomy (Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, familial polyposis, benign and malignant tumors)
- Laparoscopic Small Bowel Surgery
- Laparoscopic Esophagogastric (GERD, hiatal hernia, Achalasia, tumors both benign and malignant, peptic ulcer disease) Surgery
- Laparoscopic solid organ (spleen, adrenal, pancreas)
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions (abdominal pain)
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Axillary/Breast Cancer Lymph Node Surgery
Dr. Mark Reiner is a Clinical Professor of Surgery and a Clinical Professor
He has been recognized on a local national and international level numerous times in Magazines and Newspapers including New York Magazine and Castle Connolly as one of the leading surgeons in his field.
Dr. Reiner graduated medical school at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Campus Summa Cum Laude and went on to do his surgical residency at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He was awarded the Arthur Aufses Sr award as the outstanding chief resident. He followed his training by going into practice in New York City and admits and does his surgeries at The Mount Sinai Hospital. He has
He is active in the training of both residents and
Dr. Reiner works in conjunction with Head and Neck Surgery, Spine Surgery and Gynecological Surgery in the more complex and demanding Surgical Cancer cases. He was given the title of Clinical Professor
Dr. Reiner was one of the first in the country to perform and develop surgical techniques in Minimally Invasive Surgery ( Laparoscopy ).
He was the second person credentialed in Laparoscopy at the Mount Sinai
The first prototype Stapler developed by Ethnicon (Johnson & Johnson) for hernia repair was done in conjunction with Dr. Reiner. He has personally performed over 2500 hernia repairs in his career, making him one of the most Experienced Surgeons in the field internationally.
Dr. Reiner has been involved in numerous surgical missions, most recently returning from Guatemala in October of 2015. He was
Dr. Reiner has two sons he is extremely proud of, likes to spend his free time in a variety of athletic endeavors but is most relaxed when on a tractor at his farm in Litchfield,
He believes all patients should be treated as family, with utmost respect but tries to temper this serious endeavor with an appropriate sense of humor. He still believes in the “Art of Medicine”, and that the importance of Experience cannot be overestimated. He likes to be called by his first name and believes that to practice medicine wisely is of paramount importance
To make an appointment with Dr. Reiner, please call his office at 212-879-6677.